Ready.... set.... blog!
1. Hey beautiful peeps, can I start off by saying a massive thank you to all the girls (and a few boys) who have supported us over the years? Because, it means a lot to me.
Sometimes running a fashion company can be really challenging, and at times you really wonder if it's worth it.
So to every girl who ever took the time to shop with us. To every girl who ever walked out of the house wearing BM and felt like a TOTAL boss. To every girl who woke up at some stupid hour so that she could nom on release day. And especially to every girl who ever had to answer the question "So, do you ever wear.... like... normal clothes, or just Black Milk?"
Here's to you, cupcake, you make it worth it. :)
2. I get the feeling this happens on a fairly regular basis.
3. Hey America, we have some good news coming your way soon.... very soon....
You're going to like this one.
4. Can I tell you a story ?
So about six months ago I was in LA (spying out the land - mwahahahahaha!!!). While there I was staying in a fun little hotel up on the Sunset Strip in West Hollywood (some of the Cali girls know it well, especially since I sneaked about ten sharkies up into the top level for a little pool party one afternoon! Good times...).
Anyway, this hotel had a gym, and I decided to make sure I spent a little time there most days.
One day I was in the gym - no doubt lifting something heavy in front of a mirror (to check my form, people, to check my form...). As I'm lifting, this girl walks in. I, of course, took a little peek at her outfit and to my great delight discovered to coolest thing - she was rocking a catsuit!!!
I found a pic of this very catsuit on the interweb:
She was Brazilian. And those girls like to be a little more adventurous with their stretchwear. :)
Anyway, I absolutely loved it - it was so bold and so cray-cray, just totally my thing.
It convinced me to keep going with something I have been planning for a long time - an awesome gym catsuit!
I decided to start with something simple:
You should buy it (except you can't because peeps bought them all... restock coming sooooon!). :/
And to answer the big question YES WE ARE DOING A THICK STRAP VERSION!
5. Here is evidence that we are working hard on gym clothing
Exhibit A: Dog... in a purple galaxy gym singlet.
Exhibit B: Me doing some new waistband testing!
We have massively improved the waistband. You will loves. :)
Exhibit C: Making sure you'll look babin' rocking our gym gear in your killer heels between intense workouts.
Yep, totes workin it.
6. Who wants to see a supercute redhead with a supercute smile in a supercute dress?
7. I love that fact that some girls actually need to keep records on what Black Milk pieces they own. :)
8. I would totally love to high- five these girls.
Although there are four of them, so ... would that be a high twenty?
Sharkies dressing same-same is such a cool thing! I approves.
So much love...
9. So, girls have been loving the A Sassy Nation bodysuit (yeah, you can't buy them because... of reasons. We're working on it!)
So I designed another bodysuit that I thought girls all over the world would love. Wanna see?
I started with a neckline idea which was inspired by, I guess an Egyptian kind of neck ornament. This was my original drawing:
I played around with it a bit to make it more awesome - I added sleeves and raised the neck. Check out this pic I took at our last photoshoot!
I'll show you the full piece soon. :)
10. I'm out. You stay classy, Princess.