Let's do some blog reading!!!
1. So I was in a public toilet and I thought to myself... "Hey let's take some photos!"
Because hanging around public toilets taking photos is totally my jam.
2. So I decided not to put this into production when I first made it. Apparently, I'm not very good at figuring out what girls want to wear, because them ladies want them dinosaurs on their bodehs.
So if ladies want dinosaurs, it's dinosaurs they will get! I'll make lots, don't worry. ;)
3. So I have addressed this a few times before, but I thought I might talk about it again - the dreaded Black Milk release strategy!
In the old days it was really simple, I would design a little collection, say 20-30 pieces, and then I would release them (with none actually made). Girls would buy a few, I wold do a little happy dance, and then we would go and make the clothes.
But times have changed. Now we do a release every two weeks, and there's lots of new designs constantly coming out.
Sometimes I get emails from girls who feel sad that we have changed. Some say it's not special any more. Some girls even say things such as "There are so many things to buy that I don't buy anything" (I personally don't understand that one. I recently went to a buffet at some hotel in Dubai where they had enough food to sink a battleship, and I still managed to eat enough to feed a small village).
I have thought long and hard on this one.
Going to the sample sales recently has clarified things for me a little better, so let me share with you my feelings. :)
In Melbourne last week, almost 4000 girls turned up, most of them wearing their favourite Black Milk piece. And it was so great that there was so much variety! There were super old school things that I had made in my garage back in the day, as well as super new school things like the striped playsuit that was released only a few days earlier. In between was a beautiful array of all the crazy things that we have made over the years.
There were also lots of situations where girls got to see some pieces that they had never seen before - and that was so cool!
I would hate it if every Black Milk girl looked the same. I know that chances are every sharkie has at least one galaxy piece, but on top of that I want girls to be able to get lots of other pieces that they personally fall in love with.
So I have decided that I'm just going to keep doing what I love doing, which is making cool clothes. Girls keep asking for them, so we are just going to keep creating!
Of course, I know and can appreciate that some people don't like the way we do things now, and if it bugs you want to move on, I understand.
I guess I just love the idea that you can come to the BM Facebook page, or the website and you will always find something new, or something that you haven't seen before.
You see , I think fashion is one big adventure, and isn't that what the best adventures are like - always something new to discover?
4. This girl's bathroom is a million times nicer than mine.
And so is her outfit. :(
5. Guess who is planning on setting up a special booth at Comic-con in San Diego beside the Star Wars spot? Huh? C'mon - guess!
It us. The answer is us.
7. Burned Velvet is awesome...
And Black Milk shoes are awesome....
So Burned Velvet is awesome and Black Milk shoes are awesome... wait a minute...
HEY ARE YOU THINKING WHAT I'M THINKING?!?!?!
8. And the announcement that MANY girls on ze interwebs have been waiting for - at the end of this video:
Yes, peeps, we have a deal with Harry Potter. So... Marauder's Map leggings anyone? ;)
Did you know that Harry Potter's parents were named James and Lily?
OMG IT'S A SIGN!
9. Gym leggings update!
I'm sorry this is taking so long, I'm trying to get this stuff done, I really am! I have been looking for a new gym fabric, and getting something I'm really, really happy with has been a challenge. However, the good news is that we have some FANTASTIC new fabric coming in from Italy that I can't wait to use for gym leggings.
I think you guys will fall in love with them. In the mean time, we do have the Yoga Pants coming out. :)
10. Super soft elastic is arriving tomorrow! Comfy tummies for all. :)
11. Love to all the Sharkies. - looking forward to seeing all the girls in Sydney next Saturday!!!